Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 13, 2012

Hello!

It's been another good week. Unfortunately Gus did not get baptized yesterday, which was kind of a disappointment. Everything was good to go until Staurday night. We went over to his house to fill out his baptism record, and he told us he couldnt be baptized. He still has a membership in the baptist church he used to attend, and he told us he couldnt be baptized into another church until his other membership was dissolved. He said it was "religious prostitutuion". haha. So he is going to be baptized as soon as he gets everything figured out with the old church. At first I was totally heartboken when he told us he didnt want to be baptized, but after talking with him for a long time I was ok with postponing it. He's trying to be as honest before God as he can be, and I cant fault him for that. It doesnt quite make sense to me, but to him it's important that this other church membership is dissolved. So I respect his decision. I have no clue why he waited until the night before his baptism to tell us about this though. It would have been a lot easier to work around if he would have told he had this concern before. He's talking with the pastor of the baptist church either today or tomorrow, so hopefully his baptism will be this coming sunday.

Our area is on fire right now! We are being blessed with so many people to teach! I'm most excited about this 15 year old were teaching, Tramain. He doesnt understand why every church teaches different things, and he sincerely wants to know what is true. And he brings his friends to our lessons too! His trying to convince them to come to church. He's such a cool kid. He's planning to be baptized on March 4th as of right now. Hopefully that will work out.

Everything else is going well. Theres too many good things to talk about, actually. I just feel so blessed to be here!
I'm sending a picture we took about an hour ago. Sister Park and I went out to lunch at Panera with sister Talbot and her son Eldon. I love her to death! She's one of my favorite members here, if i'm allowed to say that!

I hope you all have a good week!
Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment