Thursday, May 31, 2012

April 30, 2012

Hello Everyone!! Sister Riggs and I had a good week. And we are exhausted! We got up at 4 am this morning to go crabbing! I was really excited to go at first, but it ended up being cold and dark and we didnt catch a single crab. Not very fun. The assistants took us to this spot that was suppossed to be really good, but... it didnt work out so well. I've decided after this morning that I'm definitely not a fisher. I dont have the patience. But we did get to see the sun rise over the bay! I'll send a couple of pictures. I love maryland. Well we've had a little more success in finding people to teach this week. We met with a girl named anna who is just great. She has a 5 year old daughter and another one on the way. But she's not married and feels REALLY guilty about it. When we brought up baptism in the lesson she started crying. She's been in and out of jail before and has been carrying her past around. She feels like she cant overcome all the mistakes she's made and continues to make. We hope to help her understand that God loves her no matter what she's done, or continues to do, and that she can be free from guilt through the atonement. She's so awsome. I love meeting these people who are truly trying to make positive changes in their lives. We also got to do a bit of exploring this week! I dont know if i mentioned it already, but our area tripled in size a few weeks ago. So the kent island branch is bigger in geographic area than the rest of our stake combined. Its crazy! So there were 34 less active families added to the branch, so our branch president asked us to go out and meet all of them. I drove 200 miles one day. Which may not sound like a lot, but when you drive 5 or ten miles and then stop and then do it all over again it gets pretty tedious. Anyway... I didnt realized how rural maryland is. Theres nothing but miles and miles of trees out there. We actually got about 10 feet into delaware too! I'm super excited for this upcoming week. We have two days of training tomorrow and wednesday and then Elder Bednar at the visitors center on saturday! I love being a missionary! I love this work! And I love the maryland baltimore mission! Have a great week everyone! Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment