Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 27, 2011 Weekly Letter

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a good Christmas. I definitely did! I spent Christmas eve with probably the oddest family I've ever met. Its a tradition for them to roast hot dogs and drink homemade grape juice? I'm not really sure where it came from, but I had fun nonetheless. Christmas day Sister Park and I opened our packages, went to church for an hour, and then went to the Seaman's house. They're the family I spent thanksgiving with. They have christmas brunch with sweedish food instead of dinner. It's definitely different being a missionary at christmas, but it was fun to see what other families do.
The rest of the week was pretty normal. I wish I knew how to describe missionary work better in my emails, but I dont. Last week I think I wrote about the guy who called us from a mormon.org card we handed out. Well his name is wayne and he is a miracle investigator. I've been praying to be able to find someone is is prepared to accept the gospel and be baptized. And he is by far one of the most prepared people I've met. I think its been less than 2 weeks since we met him and we've already taught him 5 times. Most people cant find the time to meet with us even once a week. He's really eager to learn and read the Book of Mormon. I think the biggest difference between him and other people I've taught is he is so humble. He wants to do what the Lord would have him do and he wants to do the very best he can. When we first met with him I didnt think he was very prepared at all. But teaching him has been a reminder to me that the Lord knows when people are ready, and that i'm not a very good judge at all. He is preparing to be baptized in January.
Hmm.. what else. Well theres still no snow in maryland. I'm getting pretty sick of the rain. But I shouldnt complain, I definitely do not miss Idaho weather. Oh and speaking of Idaho, the seamans have a daughter who goes to BYUI and said they added no skinny jeans in the dress code?! What the heck. Well thats unfortunate for all of you up there. Hopefully they change that by the time I get back.
I think thats about all I have this week. Its definitely starting to sink in how much I love being a missionary. I'm exactly not sure why its so great, but it is! I'm just... happy. It seems so ridiculous to me now that I was a little hesitant to serve a mission. Thankfully God knows me, and he knew I would love it.
Have a good week everyone!
Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment