Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween Everyone!!!

This will probably be a short email. I just really don't feel like typing right now. It's been a rough few days. This week went well though, as far as the missionary work goes. We FINALLY had someone at church yesterday, first time in the 6 weeks i've been here. His name is phil. He's from Korea and grew up atheist. He's come a long way in the past few weeks. He believes in God now, he figured that out by reading the bible. He just needs to figure out the role Jesus Christ plays in his life. Oh and we were teaching a woman named April who I think wants to join the catholic church now?! Why anyone would want to join the catholic church in the middle of their life is beyond me. But she feels like God is guiding her there, so theres not much we can say to that.
We got transfer calls today and sister lieber and I are both staying!!! She's going to be here half her mission by the time this transfer is over. Crazy. I'm really glad though. I couldn't ask for a better trainer. We got invited to zone leader council on Friday, that was pretty cool. I guess occasionally president invites a set of sisters, but not too often, so it was definitely a priviledge to get to go. It was just cool to see little bit of how the mission works through the leadership. Today we went around and looked at a bunch of the graveyards in this area. It was the only thing we could think of that semi halloween oriented. A lot of them have graves from the 1700's and are considered national historical sites. It was really awesome. I got some cool pictures which I may or may not have time to send. Tonight I guess we will be visiting a lot of the members. Halloween night really isn't the best time to go proselyting. I'm totally fine with that though, I LOVE the ward here. I can't say it enough. I just wish I got to hang out with these families all day.
I can't believe I've been out for two months today! It's flown by! The days seem so long, but the weeks fly by. Missionary time is just really weird I've realized. Anyway. I'm doing well, everything is going well. No more broken windows this week. Sorry again this is so short. Love you all!!

Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment